Protein Engineering can be defined as the modification of protein structure with recombinant technology or chemical treatment to get a desirable function for better use in medicine industry and agriculture. Protein engineering undergoes process like mutagenesis used for modifying proteins, replacements on protein level and mutation in DNA level. It undergoes two strategies for protein engineering like rational protein design and direct evolution of protein. The objectives of protein engineering includes to create a superior enzyme, produce enzyme in large quantities and produce biological compounds like synthetic peptide, storage protein and synthetics drugs.
- Track 1-1 Stability and activity of enzyme
- Track 2-2 Substrate and reaction specificity
- Track 3-3 Cofactor requirements
- Track 4-4 Molecular weight and subunit structures
- Track 5-5 Selection and determination of recombinant DNA technology